P.O. Box 1401
Rapid City, SD 57709
One-Acts (20-40 mins)
Displaying 25 plays per page. Show 25, 50, 100, ALL
Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5
76. Lord Feathertop by Albert T. ViolaCast: 3 M, 4 F, 1 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes, 34 pgs.
CLASSIC. Adapted from the short story “Feathertop” by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Determined to save her corn crop, Mother Rigby, a witch, constructs a human-looking scarecrow and becomes so impressed with... READ MORE | BUY NOW
77. Love in a Kitchen in the Middle Ages by Heather LynnCast: 1 M, 2 F
Time: Approximately 15-20 minutes, 16 pgs
FARCE. Adapted from a medieval French farce. Jack, a henpecked husband, laments the day he married his overbearing wife, who nags him morning, noon, and night. One morning, Jack’s wife forces him t... READ MORE | BUY NOW
78. Mad Tea Party, The by Clint SnyderCast: 1 F, 3 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 27 pgs
FARCE. Audiences will love this witty, modern sequel to the Mad Hatter’s tea party in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (1865). Like the infamous Alice, Allie follows the White Rabbit down a rabbit h... READ MORE | BUY NOW
79. Maladroit Romeo, The by Len CuthbertCast: 1 M, 1 F
Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes, 36 pgs.
COMEDY. Bob loves Angelina but when it comes to romance, he can be a little inept. Bob’s plan to propose to Angelina in the college library where they first met studying “Romeo and Juliet” goes awry... READ MORE | BUY NOW
80. Match (dot) Comedy by Bradley HaywardCast: 1 M, 6 F
Time: Approximately 20-25 minutes, 24 pgs.
COMEDY. Trevor has finally decided to tie the knot with his girlfriend, so he invites her to a swanky restaurant to propose. But just ten minutes after she accepts, Trevor gets cold feet and decides... READ MORE | BUY NOW
81. Monkey's Paw, The by Heather LynnCast: 2 M, 1 F, 2 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 23 pgs
CLASSIC HORROR. Adapted from the short story by W. W. Jacobs. The White family is transformed into a family plagued with only death and misery after a family friend, Sergeant-Major Morris, gives the... READ MORE | BUY NOW
82. My Fair Dragon by Lavinia RobertsCast: 4 M, 7 F, 4 flexible, extras
Time: Approximately 30 mins, 33 pgs.
FARCE. King Cuthbert and Queen Priscilla have to break the bad news to Princess Poppy: She can’t keep her pet dragon Dimpleton in the castle anymore. The monster just isn’t fit for palace life. He... READ MORE | BUY NOW
83. Nightmare Campout, The by Geff MoyerCast: 5 F (With doubling: 4 F)
Time: Approximately 30 mins, 30 pgs.
COMEDY. It’s getting dark, and four Girl Scouts are lost in a wooded area. Their imaginations run wild as they think they hear growling grizzly bears, screeching vampires, hissing snakes, and the hu... READ MORE | BUY NOW
84. North of Pelican Rapids by Greg ElsasserCast: 3 M, 2 F
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 29 pgs.
FARCE. Winner of the East Repertory Theatre’s Annual Playwriting Competition. When Aaron arrives to pick up his prom date, he gets to meet her “parents” for the first time. While his girlfriend is ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
85. Ogre Etiquette by Lavinia RobertsCast: 3 M, 9 F, 6 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 mins, 31 pgs.
FARCE. Fairy Godmother is at wit’s end with her class of unruly, misbehaved princes and princesses and all their fighting, dueling, and combative behavior. To teach her students that their behavior ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
86. On Guard by John TissotCast: 9 M, 4 F
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 27 pgs.
FARCE/SATIRE. This wry, sardonic play offers a humorous and chilling look at war. A lonely, bored young soldier stands guard at a military hospital. There, he encounters wounded soldiers coming in ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
87. Open Boat, The by Arthur ReelCast: 4 M
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 24 pgs.
DRAMA. Adapted from Stephen Crane's classic short story, this play chronicles the harrowing events of four men shipwrecked off the coast of Florida. Trapped at sea in a small lifeboat, the men take ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
88. Pan Handled by Clint SnyderCast: 4 M, 10 F, 16 flexible (With doubling: 4 M, 10 F, 10 flexible)
Time: Approximately 20-30 minutes, 23 pgs.
FARCE. Easy to stage, audiences of all ages will enjoy this hilarious sequel to Peter Pan. Captain Hook has fallen on hard times and has been forced to downsize. His hook hand has been replaced wit... READ MORE | BUY NOW
89. Pied Piper of Hamelin, The by William Kilborne and Al ViolaCast: 12 flexible, extras (Doubing possible.)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 35 pgs.
CHILDREN’S CLASSIC. This play preserves much of the original verse of Robert Browning’s poem but has been modified so that it can be performed by young actors. Hamelin is suffering a horrible rat in... READ MORE | BUY NOW
90. Please Hold by Clint SnyderCast: 2 M, 13 F or 15 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 25 pgs
COMEDY. Five employees with major personality flaws have been hired to “help” customers at a cable company call center. There’s an overly peppy agent, an agent with anger issues, a rude southern bel... READ MORE | BUY NOW
91. Please Hold 2: The Trainees by Clint SnyderCast: 4 M, 8 F, 10 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 24 pgs.
FARCE. In this uproarious sequel to Please Hold, we’re back at the Blueberry Tree Cable Company call center with new customer service agents, their trainees, and a mob of angry customers. Since trai... READ MORE | BUY NOW
92. Please, No Flowers by Joel EnsanaCast: 2 M, 6 F, 1 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 26 pgs
DRAMEDY. In this poignant, bittersweet play, two female ghosts, their bodies laid out in coffins at a funeral home, reflect on their lives and life choices as they watch as mourners pay their respect... READ MORE | BUY NOW
93. Quiet on the Set! by Mitchell RoushCast: 4 M, 2 F, 3 flexible, opt. extras
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 23 pgs
FARCE. At this low-budget film shoot, the director has no vision for the film, the boom-mic guy keeps falling asleep, the assistant has a tendency to panic, and the script is absolutely horrible. Th... READ MORE | BUY NOW
94. Red Devil by Arthur ReelCast: 1 M, 4 F, 1 flexible
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 28 pgs.
DRAMA. This adaptation captures Maxim Gorky’s stark, naturalistic rendering of five people locked in a dehumanizing system of oppression and violence. Set in a house of prostitution, three women suf... READ MORE | BUY NOW
95. Robin Hood and the Peddler by Clint SnyderCast: 3 M, 1 F, 17 flexible (With doubling: 2 M, 1 F, 10 flexible)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 25 pgs.
FARCE. Inspired by the 1500 ballad “Robin Hood and the Potter.” Robin Hood and his Merry Men (or in this case, “Serious Women”) stop a peddler traveling through Sherwood Forest and demand that she p... READ MORE | BUY NOW
96. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern by Heather LynnCast: 5 M, 2 F, 1 flexible, extras
Time: Approximately 20 minutes, 22 pgs
CLASSIC. Adapted for young actors from the play by W.S. Gilbert. To prevent Hamlet from soliloquizing, Queen Gertrude has summoned two merry knaves, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, to provide court re... READ MORE | BUY NOW
97. Sacred Dance of Yellow Thunder, The by Joel EnsanaCast: 5 M, 2 F (With doubling: 4 M, 1 F)
Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes, 28 pgs
DRAMA. Inspired by a 1972 incident that occurred in Gordon, Nebraska. Disappointed that no one is showing up to the American Legion dance, Legion members amuse themselves by humiliating a Native-Ame... READ MORE | BUY NOW
98. Shakespearean Dating Show, A by Lavinia RobertsCast: 13 M, 13 F, 1 flexible, extras (With doubling: 8 M, 8 F, 1 flexible. Tripling possible.)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 31 pgs.
FARCE. In this reality-TV show, characters from Shakespeare’s "A Midsummer Night’s Dream," "The Taming of the Shrew," "King Lear," and "Romeo and Juliet" compete to find true love. Bachelors battle ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
99. Shakespeare's Mid-Winter's Nightmare by Darby Wills ChismCast: 6 M, 10 F, 1 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 4 M, 8 F)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 24 pgs
COMEDY. What starts as a dream quickly turns into a nightmare when Shakespeare, sick in bed and suffering from writer’s block, is visited by some of his most famous characters including Hamlet, Ophel... READ MORE | BUY NOW
100. Shakespeare's Next Top Fool by Lavinia RobertsCast: 7 M, 12 F, 8 flexible (Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes, 38 pgs.
FARCE. In this reality-TV show, fools compete for the title of Shakespeare’s Next Top Fool. Contestants include the clown from "Othello," King Lear’s fool, and the gravediggers from "Hamlet." With ... READ MORE | BUY NOW