P.O. Box 1401
Rapid City, SD 57709
1. Ashipattle and the Giant Sea Serpent: A Musical! by F. Scott ReganCast: 3 M, 2 F, 4 flexible
Time: Approximately 45-60 minutes, 40 pgs
CHILDREN’S MUSICAL. Adapted from the Scottish folktale, “The Meester Stoorworm.” When a giant sea serpent threatens Scotland, King Oswald offers half of his kingdom to anyone brave enough to slay th... READ MORE | BUY NOW
2. Garden, The by Tim O'BrienCast: 2 M, 3 F, 2 flexible, extras, optional choir
Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes, 24 pgs.
CHILDREN’S MUSICAL. In search of a new home, Lenora the ladybug comes across a beautiful garden. But Bennie, the bean plant, and Special, the rose, tell poor Lenora to bug off and go live in a nearb... READ MORE | BUY NOW
3. Hand in Hand by William Kilborne and Al ViolaCast: 4 M, 4 F, 3 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 4 M, 2 F, 1 flexible)
Time: Approximately 90 minutes, 60 pgs.
MUSICAL. This humorous version of the story of Adam and Eve will dazzle audiences with its wit, amusing characters, and delightful songs. One day, Adam confides in God that while he enjoys the bount... READ MORE | BUY NOW
4. Jack and the Giant by Bob Hubley and Ross ModlinCast: 3 M, 2 F, 21 flexible, extras (Flexible cast 40+. Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 75-90 minutes, 62 pgs.
MUSICAL. Ma is sick of making stew out of old shoes, wash rags, and garden gloves, but Jack won’t sell the family’s cow, Bossy. Fed up, Ma and Pa send Jack to the fair to sell Bossy so the family ca... READ MORE | BUY NOW
5. Jungle, The by Tim O'BrienCast: 3 M, 3 F, 6 flexible, choir, optional extras
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 48 pgs.
CHILDREN’S MUSICAL. Annie, a young green-winged macaw, is eagerly awaiting her first flight. But before the big event, Annie’s parents go to the river to gather some nuts for breakfast. While they ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
6. Last Decent Crooks, The by Carol Costa and Ken EberhartCast: 5 M, 4 F, extras
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 88 pgs.
MUSICAL. Winner, Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Excellence, 1987. It’s 1933 and the music is hot and lively at Big Al’s, a Chicago funeral home, which serves as a front for an illegal spe... READ MORE | BUY NOW
7. Magic Snowman, The by Stephen MurrayCast: 9 flexible (With doubling: 4 flexible)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 28 pgs.
INTERACTIVE MUSICAL. A mysterious stranger arrives at a village where everyone is grumpy, gloomy, and just plain glum. The stranger’s arrival marks one of the most magical days of the year—winter’s ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
8. Mama Tomcat's Flying School: The Musical! by Spring Hermann and Stephen MurrayCast: 3 M, 3 F, 4 flexible (With doubling: 3 M, 2 F, 1 flexible)
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 45 pgs
MUSICAL COMEDY. Adapted from award-winning author Luis Sepúlveda’s novel The Story of a Seagull and the Cat Who Taught Her to Fly. Zorbo the tomcat, used to living “the cat’s life” with his buddies ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
9. My Darlin' Clementine: A Musical by Eddie McPhersonCast: 9 M, 10 F, opt. extras (With doubling: 6 M, 7 F)
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 82 pgs.
MUSICAL. While searching for his runaway bride, Chester Ames stumbles upon the tiny desert town of Cactus Creek. In a town where marriage has been outlawed and even the mention of the “M-word” is p... READ MORE | BUY NOW
10. Pinocchio Del Arte by Bob Hubley and Ross ModlinCast: 6 M, 2 F, 20 flexible, extras (Flexible cast 40+. Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 75 pgs.
MUSICAL. On a dark and stormy night, a troupe of Commedia dell’Arte actors arrive at a house looking to escape the storm and to get a bit of food and rest. A maid informs the troupe that they have a... READ MORE | BUY NOW
11. Smallest Camel, The by Tim O'BrienCast: 4 M, 1 F, 17 flexible, opt. extras (Doubling possible)
Time: Approximately 60-90 minutes, 57 pgs.
CHRISTMAS MUSICAL. When three magi notice a star announcing the birth of a new king, they load up their camels and set out across the desert bearing gifts. Sammy, the smallest of the camels, yearns ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
12. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves by Bob Hubley and Ross ModlinCast: 4 M, 12 F, 14 flexible, extras (Flexible cast 50+. Doubling possible.)
Time: Approximately 90-120 minutes, 79 pgs.
MUSICAL. This hilarious musical will entertain audiences of all ages with its adorable characters and original songs. Snow White’s stepmother has put a spell on the King and has moved her two sister... READ MORE | BUY NOW
13. So You Want to Be a Cowboy by Peter BlacklockCast: 2 M, 6 F, 22 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 2 M, 6 F, 18 flexible)
Time: Approximately 80 minutes, 54 pgs.
MUSICAL. When Pecos Bill suddenly appears at a cowboy play rehearsal, he decides to set the kids straight and show them that there’s more to being a cowboy than singing and dancing. The kids soon fi... READ MORE | BUY NOW
14. Spooney and Mooney by Heather LynnCast: 1 M, 2 F, 6 flexible, opt. extras (With doubling: 1 M, 2 F, 4 flexible)
Time: Approximately 30 minutes, 34 pgs.
FARCE WITH MUSIC. Based on the comic opera/puppet play La Guida di Bragia by Lewis Carroll. After losing their jobs as courtiers to King John, Spooney and Mooney are hired as railway officials. At ... READ MORE | BUY NOW
15. Tail of Peter Rabbit, The by Rob Roznowski and Chelle Peterson EDITOR’S PICKCast: 3 M, 4 F, 5 flexible (With doubling: 2 M, 2 F)
Time: Approximately 60 mins, 50 pgs.
INTERACTIVE MUSICAL/YOUNG AUDIENCES. Adapted from the children’s story by Beatrix Potter. Peter Rabbit’s mother warns him to never venture into Farmer McGregor’s vegetable garden since Peter’s fathe... READ MORE | BUY NOW
16. True Story of the Loch Ness Monster, The by Chris James and Vera HillasCast: 7 M, 5 F, 8 flexible, extras. Doubling possible.
Time: Approximately 60 minutes, 44 pgs.
MUSICAL COMEDY. In the murky depths of a Scottish loch, Priscilla, a teenage sea monster, yearns to leave her parents’ cold, dark, dingy lair and set out on a quest to discover whether the fabled “la... READ MORE | BUY NOW